It is already a tradition to bring some vegan, sugar free and gluten free goodies, when I go to visit my sister. My sister loves Vegan Chocolate Salami, I usual bring when I come for a visit. But this time I thought I would experiment with this recipe a little bit and make Vegan Chocolate balls instead. The idea was, to make two different flavours, one with a bit of sourness and the other one just in a classic way.
For the sourness of the balls I chose dried strawberries. Strawberries, together with pistachios and chocolate, taste heavenly. Into the classic chocolate balls, I put dried banana and tigers nuts, this time. Tiger nut has a special crunchiness, which even remains, after resting in the fridge, that is why I wanted to try this newly discovered ingredient. If you don’t like the texture of the tiger nut, you can substitute with any other nut of your preference.
Here is the recipe:
- 200g creamed coconut
- 150g medjool dates
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 80g chopped tiger nuts
- 30g chopped dried banana chips
- 50g chopped pistachio
- 15 g dried strawberry chips
- Melt the creamed coconut in the pot.
- Add the dates and cook few minutes together with creamed coconut.
- Put the mixture into the blender, add the cocoa powder and blitz everything until it has a creamy consistency.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls.
- Into one bowl, add tiger nuts and banana chips, and mix thoroughly.
- Into the other bowl, add 10g of chopped strawberry chips and pistachios, and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowls and leave for few hours in the fridge or for 20 minutes in the freezer, until the mixture is firm enough, to form the balls.
- Form the balls and cover the strawberry balls with strawberry meal (I grounded the strawberry chips in the coffee grinder) and the tiger nut balls in some cocoa powder.
- Leave balls in the fridge over night.