I finally found a perfect vegan and gluten free pancake recipe. Every time I tried to work out a pancake recipe without egg, it ended with a big failure. The batter turned out very sticky and runny, so it was a big challenge to flip pancakes.
One week ago I stumbled over vegan pancake recipe on vanillacrunnch.com blog. This discovery was life changing! I am in love with these pancakes, so fluffy and yummy. I changed the recipe a little bit, substituted all-purpose flour by buckwheat flour, because I never have all-purpose flour in my pantry, but the pancakes were still perfect.
Here is my version of vegan, gluten free pancake recipe:
3/4 buckwheat flour
1/4 almond flour
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 cup coconut milk (or any other plant based milk)
2 tsp baking powder
- Mix the ground flax seed with 1/3 of milk and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mash banana and mix with the flax seed mixture and remaining milk.
- Combine remaining ingredients with banana, flax seed mixture until smooth texture.
- Leave in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Heat the pan with some coconut oil over medium heat.
- Spoon in the pancake batter and fry for about 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip over and fry for another few minutes.
- Serve with berries and some coconut yoghurt.