It is quite a big challenge to buy a sugar free granola, even in my favourite Organic Food store I could not find a granola without any sweetener. As store food is anyway not as good as home made, I prepared a big batch of spicy chocolate granola.
After you did your own granola, you will question yourself why haven’t you did this earlier. It is quick and you can put what ever you are up to. I made a spicy chocolate granola with cinnamon, cardamom and apple purée. If you like a sweeter granola, you can put some maple syrup or honey. I prefer to eat my granola with fruits and yoghurt, therefore it is perfect when my granola is not too sweet.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup rolled rye flakes
1/2 cup buckwheat grains
1/2 cup walnuts
1/3 cup sesam seeds
1/3 cup flex seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 tsp cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cacao
1 cup apple purée
- Mix together apple purée with cacao and spices.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Spread everything on a baking tray covered with baking sheet.
- Put into the oven preheated to 150C and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Stir through every 10 minutes.