I have a big love for curry’s or in general for one pot meals. If I prepare a meal on weekend it is for me very important that I can storage it in the fridge for few days or even make a bigger batch and put it into the freezer.
Even if we have a canteen and free lunch at work, I prefer to take my own lunch. Unfortunately the canteen food is not good for my body at all, might be due to all artificial additives, so I decided to avoid canteen meals.
Curry’s are perfect for lunch! I usually serve curry with brown rice or quinoa.
- 1 onion
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 big Chinese cabbage
- 1 can chickpea
- 300g carrots
- 3 small sweet peppers
- 150g shiitake mushrooms
- ½ can coconut milk (or the whole can if you like it creamier)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp mild goa curry paste (I use Cosmoveda)
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and add chopped onion, shiitake mushrooms together with halved garlic glove.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add chickpeas, chopped Chinese cabbage, sweet peppers and sliced carrots.
- Pour in the coconut milk and ½ cup water.
- Add curry paste and bring to boil.
- Cook on a low heat until carrots are done and the sauce thickened to preferred consistency.
- Serve with some yoghurt and quinoa.