I am sure you can already think what is coming. Of course a soup! An easy one, but a little bit fancier, with truffle oil. My boyfriend is crazy about truffle, he could have truffle on everything. He hates my Sunday soup tradition as well as my cauliflower madness. He is claiming soup is not a proper meal, he needs some real food.
This time, to make him happy with a Sunday soup, I decided to cook a roasted cauliflower truffle soup. I was certain there won’t be any complains about the soup, after mentioning, that it is going to be a truffle soup. Was I cheating? Maybe, but as long as I can convince him that soup is great, I don’t mind to mention the word truffle as often as needed. 🙂
Here is the recipe of this delicious, comfy cauliflower soup.
- 2 medium cauliflower heads
- 1 large leek
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of good quality truffle olive oil plus some for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, roast cauliflowers in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in the pot, add sliced leek and halved garlic glove.
- Cook for few minutes and add the roasted cauliflower.
- Pour over the almond milk together with vegetable broth and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Blend the soup and add the truffle oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with some drops of truffle oil.